This easy 4 ingredient crockpot chicken and stuffing is such an easy and filling meal. Perfect for a busy weeknight, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
When you’re short for time, there’s something amazing about a true one pot meal. Unlike other crockpot or slow cooker recipes out there that require extra steps or pots and pans to finish the dish, this 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing recipe cooks all together in the slow cooker!
This is one of those recipes that is also pure comfort food. The chicken and stuffing cook together to create a filling, hearty meal that not only fills you up, but also warms you up. This is also a great meal to bring to new moms too, as all no extra steps are needed.
Some links may be affiliate links. That means I may make a commission if you use my links to purchase, at no extra added cost to you! I only recommend products that I personally love and believe in Full disclosure here.
Ingredients Needed for 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken with Stuffing
I was inspired to create my own recipe based on the original from the Slow Cooker Society. For this easy crockpot dinner, you only need a few simple ingredients:
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 box of stuffing mix
Salt, pepper and creole seasoning to taste
This is a quick prep recipe, allowing you to prepare it in about 5 minutes. It’s ready to eat in just 4 hours!
If you don’t have cream of chicken soup (or don’t like it), you can also substitute cream of mushroom.
This recipe was designed to be made with just 4 ingredients. However, you can easily experiment and try adding more ingredients depending on your personal tastes. Next time, try:
- Want more veggies? Try adding frozen green beans, diced sweet onions, fresh baby carrots or any of your favorite vegetables.
- Want a more creamy meal? Add a cup of sour cream to the stuffing mixture!
- Prefer spicy food? Try adding red pepper flakes or hot sauce.
- For a Mexican-inspired meal, use taco seasoning in place of creole seasoning and add a can of drained black beans for extra flavor. Mix up and add the shredded chicken mixture to bowls over rice with salsa verde for a burrito bowl. Or try inside corn tortillas with your favorite toppings too.
- Experiment with how to eat it! Serve it inside a hamburger bun for a simple sandwich.
Keep in mind that if you add in extra ingredients, you might need to tweak the cooking time.
How to Make 4 Ingredient Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing
First, season the chicken with salt, pepper and creole seasoning. Place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Next, pour broth over the chicken.
In a large bowl combine the soup, stuffing mix and water. Mix it well until everything is combined. Spread the stuffing mixture over the top of the chicken. Do NOT mix together.
Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours.
When finished cooking, you can either cut the chicken and serve with the stuffing on top, or shred the chicken in the crockpot and mix with the stuffing.
Serve hot and enjoy. Our family’s favorite way to eat this is over mashed potatoes or tater tots in a bowl!
Place leftovers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You might also enjoy these crockpot and one pot meals:
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 10.75 ounce can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 6 ounce box of stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and creole seasoning. Place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour broth over the chicken.
- In a large bowl combine the soup, stuffing mix and water. Mix it well until everything is combined. Spread the stuffing mixture over the top of the chicken. Do NOT mix together.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours.
- When finished cooking, you can either cut the chicken and serve with the stuffing on top, or shred the chicken in the crockpot and mix with the stuffing.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- If you don’t have cream of chicken soup (or don’t like it), you can also substitute cream of mushroom.
- This recipe was designed to be a complete meal made with just 4 ingredients. However, you can easily add extra vegetables while cooking, or serve over tater tots or mashed potatoes in a bowl for a heartier dish.
Easy Crockpot Chicken with Stuffing is Perfect for Busy Nights
This slow cooker 4 ingredient chicken is perfect for busy weeknights, or if you need a simple and healthy meal train recipe too. With just a little effort this tasty recipe is such an easy dinner recipe for any time of year that the entire family will love. I hope your family loves this delicious home-cooked meal!
Did you try this recipe? Let me know with a comment and rating! 🤩 Your 5 star ratings and sweet comments help to support our family business, and help other readers as they create their dishes, too! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @funfamilymeals if you try this!